DevOps/Support Engineer – Pressidium
- Monitor and maintain infrastructure
- Handle zero-escalation support tickets
- Develop automation tools using Ansible
DevOps Engineer – Hellenic Army
- Infrastructure and deployment automation using Ansible and Packer
- High-availability TCP architecture setup (HAProxy, Nginx).
- Improve and optimize developer operations using various tools (e.g. Vagrant)
- Compliance and documentation with ISO 27001:2013
Internet Operations Supervisor – Galanis Sports Data
- Oversaw and coordinated real-time nationwide operation teams
- Development of data processing software utilities using Java and bash
- Operate and administer “superleaguegreece.net”
- Verify statistical data from various vendors
- Create tools for character generator engines
- Cooperate with most Greek major channels (ERT, Mega TV, Star TV, Epsilon TV)
Network/VoIP Engineer – Soldecom LTD
- Maintain, troubleshoot and develop an Asterisk-based VoIP infrastructure
- Provide tier-2 support
- Create software utilities in bash
- Technical writing, including documentation and company blog articles
- Contractor for the largest NYSE listed independent crude oil tanker company in the world (EuroNAV/Gaslog).
- Problem Solving
I am determined and resourceful, and have the required knowledge to exploit it. Whatever I don’t know I usually Google or RTFM.
- Systems Thinking
Experience with complex infrastructures and various providers. I have created, modified, maintained, migrated from or to, and troubleshooted highly sophisticated systems, including web, VoIP and cloud infrastructure.
Either in person or via Slack, Mattermost or other collaboration tools, I enjoy working with similar-minded professionals to achieve our goals (usually, mine is avoiding downtime). I believe in the doctrine that, once a problem is solved, it doesn’t need re-solving ever again. Therefore, I am an avid supporter of documenting processes and solutions to various issues.
I have led small, agile operational teams, and worked under limited or no supervision.
- Perform well under pressure
Working in operations has it’s caveats, and this usually is lack of time for certain operations. I have worked at the Operations field at several levels throughout the years, and have handled numerous time-critical tasks, ranging from displaying TV CGI on-time, to minimizing downtime by performing rapid recovery actions, to quickly having to deal with DDoS attacks.
- Communication with Clients
Having supported users at all levels of sophistication and knowledge, ranging from ship personnel to enterprise executives to developers, I have learned that precise communication and clarification can solve many problems, even before they begin.
- various bash oneliners and custom scripts
- Nagios, Icinga, Grafana, netdata
- Vagrant, oVirt
Currently working on caching with Varnish.
I have worked professionally with RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu, but I’ll find my way around any Linux system. At home, my main workstation is Debian Testing.
Doctor of Business Administration
MSc Computer Security and Resilience
Dissertation: Vulnerability Analysis for Power Grid SCADA Systems
BSc Information Technology – Networking Technologies
Capstone Project: Smart City IoT Wireless Communication Infrastructure – IEEE 802.15.4 (Zigbee)
BSc Information Technology
Dissertation: Automating Service-based Node Hardening